19 June 2011


Just spent 15mins in popo's room, sitting next to her, listening to the stories bout her past. How much she hated ahgong cause he used to scold her, how he lied to her bout his age when he wanted to marry her, how he told popo that he actually had a wife in china and even had a son, how my 2nd uncle mixed with bad friends n got hooked on drugs, how my 1st uncle (who was the kid ahgong had w his first wife) took care of my 2nd and 3rd uncle, how much my mum loved to cry when she was young, how she was given sweets from the japanese, how my great grandfather worked for the Japanese (?!) etc etc. Telling me these stories caused her eyes to tear a little...

Then I came out to the living room n lay on my sofa. And suddenly, thoughts that went 'what happens when popo leaves?' overwhelmed me. And before I knew it, tears were streaming down my cheeks. Popo was the one who took care of me since young. She was never educated so all she knew was to scold us with vulgarities. But nevertheless, she treated me n sis really well...

I'll remember how I got her her fave tapioca cake from the pasar malam just now and she ate it so happily. Then when I was having my dinner, she took one of my 4 pork rib and started complaining on how expensive that box of rice was. After awhile, she pointed to another and say that one no meat etc. I knew she was just being greedy and she wanted another. So I passed it to her and told her to eat it. And she began to smile so cutely... Ah... If only I had the whole scene video-ed down...

I love you so so much, popo <3

No comments: